QT Pulse: School Health Longitudinal Survey
A powerful tool to help you implement positive change
Developing an empowering environment for educators is crucial to ensure a positive school experience. The QT Pulse: School Health Longitudinal Survey provides school leaders with insightful data on their staff’s perceptions of teaching and learning, morale, and school environment.
QT Pulse Survey should be used each term with results tracked longitudinally to obtain powerful evidence on the direction of your school, which will help drive meaningful school-wide change.
In order to run the survey for all staff, you need to obtain principal consent. The survey requires a minimum of eight responses to generate a report. If you have fewer than eight staff members but still wish to participate in the survey, please contact our team.
Both the Premium and Free Baseline and Continuing Reports feature two types of graphs. The first graph compares your school to an ‘average school’ that represents a larger data set. The second graph illustrates the distribution of your school’s responses across low, mid, and high categories.
Graph 1 – Baseline
Graph 1 – Continuing
Graph 2 – Baseline
Graph 2 – Continuing
Schools have two subscription levels available to them. The first is the Premium subscription, which provides a detailed report on 13 significant measures. The second is the Free subscription, which offers a simple report on five measures each term.
What happens once you sign up for the QT Pulse Survey?
- Your principal approves the sign-up of your school for the QT Pulse: School Health Longitudinal Survey.
- Your principal and a school admin contact receive an email with the link to the first survey.
- All staff members complete the survey at the next staff meeting. On average, we observe an 85% response rate when done in a staff meeting, compared to 38% when distributed via email only.
- We collect your school’s data 48 hours after the completion of the first survey response.
- Within five business days, your principal receives a Baseline Report.
- Our team sends out the next survey link in Week 3 of the following school term.
- You repeat the process and receive a new Continuing Report each term, enabling you to track your school’s progress over time.
- If we have not received any responses from your school by Friday of Week 6, we will send you a reminder email.
Get started today with the QT Pulse: School Health Longitudinal Survey
Our team at the QT Academy believes that every school has the potential to create a positive and supportive climate for students and staff. Let us help you in unlocking that potential and achieving success for all students with the QT Pulse Survey.
Start your school wellbeing journey today!
Staff members complete the QT Pulse Survey, an online survey that takes 10-15 minutes, every term. This survey offers your school prompt and meaningful data on the school’s culture, environment, and other key measures.
Once staff complete the survey, a report is generated and emailed to your principal within five business days of receiving the first survey response. The level of detail in the report depends on your school’s subscription type.
Please note that all responses are treated as confidential, and the report does not include any identifying information.
We provide two types of reports – Premium and Free. Our Premium Report offers comprehensive analysis and detailed reporting to enhance and guide your school change process.
The Premium Report presents 13 measures in three groups: Personal, Collective, and Students.
- Personal measures encompass teachers’ perceptions of their own practice, connectedness to the school, and wellbeing.
- Collective measures capture the way teachers feel about the school environment they are working in.
- Students measures focus on the school’s dedication to students and the interactions between teachers and students.
The Premium Report includes graphical data on a total of 14 measures. On the other hand, our Free Report includes data on five selected measures from the three groups.
To continue accessing the Premium Report, you need to renew your subscription annually. If your school chooses not to renew the Premium subscription, you will automatically switch to the Free subscription.
Your principal and admin contact will receive a baseline report within five business days of completing the first survey. The Baseline Report provides a snapshot of how your school compares to an ‘average school’ across various data measures, providing insights into teacher perceptions and school conditions. Our average results are based on a significant amount of data collected over the past five years.
We encourage schools to complete the QT Pulse Survey every term. Reminders will be sent to the principal and a nominated secondary/admin contact. Once you conduct the QT Pulse Survey for a second time, you will transition to the Continuing Report. This report tracks trends over time, offering robust quantitative data on the effectiveness of improvement initiatives.
Please note that once we receive the first survey submission, other participants will have 48 hours to submit their responses. To ensure timely completion, we recommend allocating time during a staff meeting for survey completion. On average, we have observed an 85% staff response rate in staff meetings, compared to 38% when the survey is distributed via email only.
The QT Pulse Survey, as a whole-school initiative, offers valuable insights into your school’s environment and the impact of implemented school change initiatives. Administering the survey to staff requires obtaining principal consent. Additionally, staff members will be asked for their consent within the survey, with the assurance that all reported results are anonymous and the data is deidentified.
We acknowledge the busy schedules of principals, which is why we request a secondary/admin contact. Having a secondary contact ensures that even if a principal changes schools, we maintain a reliable point of contact in your school to facilitate the continuation of the QT Pulse Survey.
To achieve the best results, it is crucial that all teachers and your school executive complete the QT Pulse Survey. We will only deliver your report once we have received a minimum of eight responses. By obtaining at least eight responses, we ensure the anonymity and unidentifiability of the results. Gathering responses from the highest proportion of staff possible will provide a comprehensive overview of your school climate and a more valuable report.
To maximize the response rate, we recommend scheduling dedicated time during a staff meeting for all staff members to complete the survey. On average, we observe an 85% response rate when the survey is conducted during a staff meeting, compared to a 38% response rate when it is distributed solely via email.
We understand that this survey may not be suitable for smaller schools. If you have fewer than eight staff members but still wish to participate in the survey, please reach out to our team. We are happy to discuss alternative evaluation opportunities with you separately.
We recommend that you run the QT Pulse Survey once a term in week 4, 5, or 6. If a better time suits your school (e.g., week 7), always repeat it at the same time. Repeating the survey in consistent weeks of each term addresses how the seasonal nature of teaching can affect survey responses.
Completing the survey takes between 10-15 minutes. We recommend allocating time during a staff meeting for all staff to complete the survey. On average, we observe that 85% of staff respond in a staff meeting compared to 38% of staff when we distribute it via email only.
We will automatically send out your first QT Pulse Survey link upon completion of the sign-up process – usually within 15 minutes. Our team will then send you a reminder email each term. You will receive your Free or Premium Report within five business days from when you complete the first survey.
Once you receive the survey link, we recommend that you run the survey in week 4, 5, or 6 of each term. If a better time suits your school (e.g., week 7), always repeat it at the same time. Repeating the survey in consistent weeks of each term addresses how the seasonal nature of teaching can affect survey responses.
Our team will send your school’s report to your principal and a nominated secondary contact within five business days of receiving the first survey response. Before delivering the report, we need a minimum of eight responses to maintain anonymity and ensure that the results cannot be identified.
We suggest sharing the results throughout the school. It’s powerful for all staff members to view the results and actively participate in discussions with school leadership regarding their work and the school culture.
The QT Pulse Survey serves as an evaluation tool for school leaders to assess the overall health of their entire school environment. It is not necessary to be conducting Quality Teaching Rounds in order to utilise this survey.
Nevertheless, the QT Pulse Survey proves to be an excellent tool for evaluating the effects of QTR professional development and/or other school-wide initiatives on staff, teaching practice, or the broader school culture and environment over a period of time.
We have six tips for getting the most out of the QT Pulse Survey:
- Schedule dedicated time during a staff meeting for all staff members to complete the survey. On average, we observe an 85% response rate when the survey is conducted during a staff meeting, compared to a 38% response rate when it is distributed solely via email.
- We recommend conducting the survey during weeks 4, 5 or 6 of the term. If a more suitable time suits your school (e.g., week 7), consistently repeat the survey at that time. By repeating the survey during consistent weeks of each term, you address how the seasonal nature of teaching can impact survey responses.
- Remind staff members that their individual responses are never viewed by the school executive, and reports do not contain any identifying data.
- Reinforce that the survey is not a performance-based review. It is conducted to gather data on the internal environment of the school in order to support positive change.
- Ensure that your principal and your leadership team also complete the survey.
- Share the results with all staff. It’s powerful for staff members to see the results and engage in conversations with school leadership regarding their work environment.
Please note that all reports contain sensitive information and should never be used for performance management purposes.