This Quality Teaching Rounds foundational workshop will prepare you to implement QTR in your school. QTR is high impact professional development that has been rigorously researched through several randomised controlled trials. Thoses studies have found that participating in QTR improves student academic achievement and the quality of teaching, as well as enhancing teacher morale and school culture.
Two teachers involved in the Building Capacity for Quality Teaching research project are required to attend this two-day workshop to prepare for participating in Quality Teaching Rounds in your school. Your school principal, or a nominated member of your leadership team, can also attend the workshop.
• Places at each workshop are limited, so please register as soon as possible.
• Any two of the four teachers who consented to participate in the study can attend the workshop.
• Funding will be provided to release the two teachers for attendance at the workshop. We will contact your school following the QTR workshop with further details on how to access your teacher release funding.
• The workshop is being coordinated by the team at the University of Newcastle. If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Terina Vale, Project Manager, on (02) 4921 5053 or [email protected]
• Full participation in both days of the workshop is required.
• Will prepare school leaders and teachers for implementing Quality Teaching Rounds
• Is designed for schools and/or teachers new to Quality Teaching Rounds
• From Quality Teaching to Quality Teaching Rounds: Research background
• The Quality Teaching Model
• Essential features of Quality Teaching Rounds
• Practicalities of conducting Quality Teaching Rounds
• Diagnosing classroom practice through Quality Teaching Rounds
• Preparing for Quality Teaching Rounds at your school
The health and well-being of our workshop delegates, our staff and the wider community are our highest priorities. This workshop will be delivered online.