Quality Teaching Rounds is high impact professional development that has been rigorously researched through several randomised controlled trials. Those studies have found that participating in QTR improves student academic achievement and the quality of teaching, as well as enhancing teacher morale and school culture.
• Prepares school leaders and teachers for implementing Quality Teaching Rounds
• Engages participants in a rigorous discussions of classroom practice
• The Quality Teaching Model
• Diagnosing classroom practice through Quality Teaching Rounds
• Essential features of Quality Teaching Rounds
• Quality Teaching Rounds: Research overview
• Analysing classroom practice through the Quality Teaching Model
• Preparing for Quality Teaching Rounds at your school
Full participation in both days of the workshop is required.
Schools are encouraged to register at least two people to develop sufficient school-based knowledge to support implementation. Ideally, one person would have some decision-making authority in the school.
• Places at each workshop are limited, so please register as soon as possible.
• Any two of the four teachers who consented to participate in the study can attend the workshop.
• Funding will be provided to release the two teachers for attendance at the workshop. We will contact your school following the QTR workshop with further details on how to access your teacher release funding.
• The workshop is being coordinated by the team at the University of Newcastle. If you have any questions about the workshop, please contact Tim Dean, Project Manager, on (02) 4985 4300 or email [email protected]